At a young age, [read: around 30 years back] I was diagnosed with anxiety - the doc at the time, a general practitioner, gave me some helpful meds, namely Valerian. Valerian supplied in the form of Kalms tends to move my personal perspective back a few feet, so it's like I'm driving my mind, body, and emotions from behind a firewall. That moment in the docs introduced an old-faithful coping mechanism. You will read in other places on the interwebs that there is no cure for anxiety, and I'd have to agree at the moment having an awareness for 30 years.
Awareness is one thing, coping is another, and further awareness and recognition is like the proverbial shaft of sunlight to the core of your being. This article is about recognising high functioning anxiety, and the coping mechanisms I've been unconsciously using for my entire adult life … Continue Reading
… Continue Reading
For reference, the first two are:
- Spabbitisms… Expanding the language in all the wrong ways!
- The Dictionary According to Spabbit – Volume 2 – Fucking ruining the language!
… Continue Reading
- Ferp - Fuckery Perpetrator, or Perpetrator of Fuckery - Oi! You ferp! Stop with the fuckery already!
- Chindian - Fusion food between Chinese and Indian - went down my mates house last night, he cooked the best madras with an egg fried rice!
- Jarmarize - To rapidly dump the clothes of the working day and change into pyjamas - Can't wait to Jarmarize and settle in my binch-cave
“You Fucking What!” is a phrase I seem to utter with an increasing rate of abandon as the world is plunging into an infinite sea of Fuckery.…
- Voice 1:
- Oh shit, I've eaten a LOT of fried chicken!
I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2, the subject matter, centred around “the right to take offense” struck a chord with me. In the programme, the author Claire Fox described her experiences with young adults which inspired her to write the book, “I Find That Offensive“.…
Not all files are equal – in the case of regular files, for example .jpg and .mp4 files, you can simply right click in Windows, select Properties, and happily click away at the Details Tab, then “Remove Properties and Personal Information” – provided you have the right permissions, it’ll all work fine.…
For years now, I’ve been after a recipe to exactly replicate the sweet tasty sauce you typically get when ordering from an Indian Takeaway in the UK – the stuff is delicious, and I often found myself ordering more than I needed, just to feast with afterwards.