I’ve been meaning to write this post for a couple of weeks, but stuff got in the way… Rum, being drink, curry, work, more rum, the FSM, and possibly #BRExit…
This is Theo John – aka Orrible ‘lil Baby #3 (Grandson), born on the 16th June, slightly premature.
Wonder what he’ll think of today, in 20 years time?
Anyhow, following on – this means a few things…
- Added onto the sentence of the first two, this means a double dose of baby-crap lying around – we already have two high-chairs!
- Triple grandma mode for my wife!
- Yet more wallet pain, I swear the next time I use a ATM, the thing is going to shout “Clear!”, and shock my card back to life.
- I’m old, OK, not that old, as the original childs were gained via marriage; still #antique!
- My sister going to be standing in loco parentis… I gather she screamed a little [sic] when being told of the news.
- Another child who I’m going to be teaching to cook properly, without the aid of pre-cooked crud in tins! (Points at his mother… “But I added something else!” – yers)…
- Me wondering if this is going to be the last one, and if I’m going to see any great-grandchildren in around 25 years from now, if my dicky-ticker is still ticking…
Today is Annual-Wage-Slave-Bonus day in work. #win
Gold star to me, happy Spabbit! #YaY!
Same bonus and grade as last year, so I’m happy. 2.6% Pay Rise too 🙂
I would like to take a moment out to thank Star Trek, more specifically the Scotty Principle for my success. Without the Scotty Principle, I couldn’t consistently pump out the amount of work which I do. All hail Scotty 🙂
Will now be able to get the decorating done, service the car, spend some money on myself and my wife for #fun-shit, and pay off some credit-card, not to mention get some stuff for the new family additions (Shhhhh, don’t tell anyone about the last one!). I’m relieved that I’ve managed to pull the rabbit from my arse two years in a row – a previously unimagined feat of super-spabbitness!
With reference to “All the Answers“, today was the daughter’s baby-scan day, the day we found out about the sex of the future human. Male. A sizeable wang, or so I’m told, for a tiny human. At the moment, it’s still a non-sef-concious blob – babies don’t become self aware by accepted scientific standards until about birth + 18 months. Meh.
Lost a bet with my wife (Who is now exhibiting “smug” at world-championship levels)… the tiny fucker now owes me £12 for a take-out (A bet, lost), for not being a girl!
The name chosen is “Theo John”. At this point in time, I’m really glad my surname isn’t “Hooker” for those who remember William Shatner in blue 😉
And so, all hail the continuation of the race, all be it, a tiny continuation.