This is a down and double dirty rice – flavour wise it has a smokey base with a sweet leading edge. The texture is amazing, soft yet well cooked pieces of burger, crunchy pieces of bacon, firm yet cooked peppers & onions, all with the rice!
The pieces of burger could be swapped out for chicken, marinaded pieces of beef, or even some form of sea food!
- 2 6oz Premium Beef Burgers, chopped
- 14 Rashers Smoked Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 2 Large Sweet Onions
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 Red Pepper
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into 8ths
- 500g Cooked Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Pimentón
- 3/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 4 tsp Crushed / Finely chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp Chilli and Lime seasoning (Can use some Chilli Powder / Fresh Chillies / Lime Juice if required)
- Salt / Pepper / MSG to taste
- Optional: Splash Worcester Sauce
- Optional: Splash Soy Sauce
Fry off the lumps of burger, place to one side, do the same for the chopped bacon until crispy.
Fry the Onions and Peppers in the bacon / burger grease until soft, adding the garlic in towards the end. If there is too much bacon / burger grease left, drain some off, but do keep some for the fantastic flavours 🙂
Throw in everything together, meat, onions / peppers / spices / rice, continue to fry for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat, adding the tomatoes in for around 3-4 minutes towards the end.
Add additional seasoning to taste – the amounts of seasoning listed are a base level to get the flavour in the ball-park.
Serve in a bowl as is, or stuff into halves of peppers, top with cheese, and oven for 20 minutes at around 180 centigrade.