This simple, 4 minute recipe, produces something very similar to chocolate cake in both taste and texture, however only has around 4 or 5 grams of carbs in. Mostly this is protein and fat!
(This is a #LCHF, Low Carb, High Fat dish)
- 1 tblsp (Heaped) Splenda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- A few drops flavouring (Almond / Vanilla)
- 1 tblsp (Heaped) Peanut butter (Full-fat)
- 1 tblsp (Heaped) Cocoa powder
- 1 Egg
- A splash of milk
Measure out ingredients into a small glass bowl, whisk until smooth and semi-runny.
Microwave on high power for around 1 min 30 second to 2 minutes.
Tip out of the bowl, you may need to tap / shake the bowl, and serve. (Be careful as the glass bowl will be very hot!)
- Add in a heaped tablespoon of dessicated coconut, this doesn’t add much to the taste, but gives a nice texture.
- As well as the coconut, add the same quantity of ground almonds, again, doesn’t add much to the taste, but ‘fills out’ the texture and makes it more of a meal!
- Waffles! This will go just fine into a Waffle Maker 🙂
- Pancakes! Simply add more milk, until the mixture is pourable, double the baking powder, and make pancakes in the usual manner – This makes American Style pancakes. Serve them with fresh double cream!
You can play with the flavourings all you want, omitting the Cocoa powder, or add more variety. For example, as pictured above, instead of Cocoa powder, add the same quantity of Dessicated Coconut, and /or powered almonds, and increase the Almond flavouring slightly – or even change the Almond flavouring for Lemon or Vanilla!
This is a really versatile recipe, and so long as you keep the ingredients low-carb, you can add almost anything to it 🙂