This recipe will help you produce an authentic Chicken Donner Kebab at home, with ingredients you’d find in any well stocked kitchen; as per usual measurements are approximate – serves 2 to 3 adults…
(This is a #LCHF Low Carb, High Fat dish)
- 6 Boned and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 or 2 Red Onions
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground sea/rock salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp Marjoram
- 2 tsp Garlic purée
- 1-2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Onion powder/granules
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp MSG
- 1 tsp Extra Hot Chilli powder
- 3 tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- A fair shake of Franks Chilli and Lime Sauce
- Handful of freshly chopped Parsley
- Around 200ml of Olive oil and more to drizzle
Chop onions and pepper, as pictured, and thread onto a skewer. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with salt / pepper from your grinders. Set to one side.
Combine all herbs, spices and oil, and mix well. Marinade the chicken in the herb/spice mix (You can do this for as long as you like).
Thread chicken on to pairs of skewers as pictured, place over a roasting pan, together with the onion and pepper skewer(s).
Cook in an oven at 180 degrees centigrade, for around an hour, or until done to your desires. Turn occasionally and baste in the juices during cooking.
Slice off the skewers and serve with salad & coleslaw, or whatever you like 🙂