We’re all getting more random, right? (All of us, or just some randoms?)
Was I born at the wrong time, or was the wrong time when I was born? 🙂
At this point, you’re probably thinking ‘bullshit’, and you’d be right in some reality. Your bullshit detector would be right on the money. Except, it’s all true.
I’ve noticed, most recently and with an accelerating pace, that I’m getting more random, and older. As the premise of this article goes, I’m just not sure what’s coming first, or it’s just a coincidence that they just happen to be occurring at the same time. So let’s explore some of the random.
Music is like a canary in this instance, for me. When I was younger there was a distinct divide between old and new music, between classical, and pop. I’ve recently learned a new phrase “Low-Fi Soul” – to have a musical (or other) taste which is older than you are. I’m going lower by the day – my tastes are rapidly evolving to appreciate music either from, or in the styles of the 50s/60s – 10 to 20 years before I was even conceived. I think it’s driving my wife nuts, but that’s nothing new. It’s costing me a fortune, and I’m wondering where, or when (sic) it’ll stop. “Marriage is finding that special person to annoy for the rest of your life”…
Talking of the the music, here are a few fantastic examples of modern artists turning back the clock with modern fidelity. Hi-Fi, Lo-Fi hits :). I fucking love these…
And here are some random thoughts which have occurred, sometimes whilst sober (shocking, right?)
- If, when you were 18, you had a detailed and accurate window into a moment in your 40’s (Assuming you’ve made it that far), would you self-terminate, or carry on regardless, not knowing the pain you’d go through between the two points?
- Do you consider life is a shitpile, or it just is?
- As you get older, does the world get smaller, or do you just see more of the picture.
- Does seeing more of the picture mean you care less about the details and the missed brush strokes?
- It’s all so fucking zen.
- Why are you always calm in other people’s emergencies, but seldom in your own?
- Are old people just grumpy, or have they simply used up their quota of fucks – Here, behold the field where I grow my fucks, you’ll note it is barren.
- “It’s only money”.
- Can’t decide if men or women are more cunty? Yup.
- Everyday is actually a fucking school day. When it stops, are you dying, or simply learning about death, in depth?
- When you know everything you need, it’s usually too late.
- Ignorance is a rogue.
- All problems can be resolved (or covered up) with enough money, more so as time progresses – what has humanity become?
- Risk and memories are flip sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other. Courage and fear. Evil and no-so-evil.
- Life: A kind of trick.
- Talking of Evil. It’s the small bits of evil which are the most satisfying. Try little evil today, it’ll make you smile.
- Drink wine.