This is a bit of a left-field oddball post when compared to the rest of this blog, but one which needs to be out there…
I found the instructions listed somewhere on the interwebs a while ago, but only just got around to trying ’em… and they actually worked 🙂 So, if you have a Nissan Almera Tino, and are annoyed by the full screen and persistent service warning, then enjoy! (Of course, you should always service your car, but not because a screen bullies you into it!)…
- Switch ignition ON, don’t start the engine.
- Switch radio ON.
- Start engine.
- Switch radio OFF.
- Press and hold INFO button.
- Whilst pressing and holding the INFO button, turn volume control knob at least 30 clicks to the right, until self dianostic menu is displayed.
- Release the info button.
- Using the Joystick, select Confirmation/Adjustment.
- Select Service, press ENTER.
- Select Reset, press ENTER.
- Press BACK button repeatedly until the main menu is displayed.
- Switch ignition OFF.
- Never be bothered by this annoyance again!