Well, as per the post regarding the week off and the death by take-out… I’ve had a week off, to spend in the wonderful company of my Wife, as was and still is my want. The PPI money came through, so the week off wasn’t under the usual constraints of both or either of us being broke; keeping this in mind, you’d think we’d have taken the bull by the horns and just went out or abroad, or even a weekend away. No.
For some reason that just didn’t happen, what did happen was that we spent a stupendous amount of filthy-lucre on wooden furniture, toys, meals out, takeouts and Stuff. From what I can remember, and by looking around, we bought:
- A wooden chest, nice looking, sits next to my desk.
- Two castrations for our kittens.
- Two fairy figurines, one of which is actually a lamp.
- Lots of chilli crackers, coconut mushrooms and chocolate brazils.
- A replacement car radio for my Wife’s car.
- Some Wind Deflectors for my car.
- A few computer games and some PC software for Windows.
- A new Wifi Access point… It’s shiny.
- Around £1k worth of flat-pack real wood furniture for the bedroom! (Took 9 hours to assemble!)
- A new 5 litre cookpot. This was half price in the UMCWS
- Lots of booze!
- A new ottoman for the front room from Dunelm
- A noodle bowl for me to have noodles at work in lunch. It’s nice, and has a steam hole.
- Two new bed-side radios (One of which turned out to be shite).
- New cuffs from the antique store in Cardiff – The pumping station – the cuffs are shiny!
- New desk/monitor pets, two cats, a tiger and a fish with some Tenby sand.
- A new, very shiny, jewellery box for my Wife.
- An enamel charm and silver chain for my Wife, the charm has Clogau Gold on it, she’s happy!
- A Red Rose, hand made from Glass for my Wife, won’t wilt and will maintain it’s looks for all time.
- Some carpet for the hall-way and a new front door mat.
… And I’m sure there is more Stuff, but for the life of me, I can’t remember just now. I think the highlight of the spending was the furniture – a new solid mango-wood bed, a 4 door wardrobe and two massive solid wood chests of drawers; the bedroom looks fucking immense now, and smells of so much wood that my Wife is almost getting high off it 🙂
I’m still on a good financial basis, two of my three overdrafts are still completely clear and it’s only just over a week to payday. Have the car booked in for a oli-leak-fix in a couple of days which might dent the remaining funds a little, but I digress.
Apart from the visit to Tenby to go have a mooch around the curiosity shop, Equinox, and have a some ice cream (As detailed a few posts back) we really didn’t go anywhere (Apart from all the fantastic meals out!), not counting the furniture shopping that is 🙂
We caught up on a few TV shows, Longmire and True Blood to name just a couple. I’m going to have to think a little more on what we did, maybe shove it in another post. Memory is failing now… you know, it’s odd, my short term memory, from now, back to perhaps a few months ago, is shockingly bad; my long term memory is better. Perhaps I should wait a few months and then record… lol… Don’t quite think I’ll take that risk.