This is Theo John – aka Orrible ‘lil Baby #3 (Grandson), born on the 16th June, slightly premature.
Wonder what he’ll think of today, in 20 years time?
Anyhow, following on – this means a few things…
- Added onto the sentence of the first two, this means a double dose of baby-crap lying around – we already have two high-chairs!
- Triple grandma mode for my wife!
- Yet more wallet pain, I swear the next time I use a ATM, the thing is going to shout “Clear!”, and shock my card back to life.
- I’m old, OK, not that old, as the original childs were gained via marriage; still #antique!
- My sister going to be standing in loco parentis… I gather she screamed a little [sic] when being told of the news.
- Another child who I’m going to be teaching to cook properly, without the aid of pre-cooked crud in tins! (Points at his mother… “But I added something else!” – yers)…
- Me wondering if this is going to be the last one, and if I’m going to see any great-grandchildren in around 25 years from now, if my dicky-ticker is still ticking…
The birth means a few things…
- Another 2 years of baby goop and crap lying around (After the first two years, baby turn more human, less goop).
- My wife been drawn into baby-grandma mode for another 2 years.
- Me having to comfort and soothe my wallet, this is an extension on the already going 30 year term for the first grandchild.
- Makes me feel like an antique.
- My sister going in to full-on-goo-gah mode when she next visits and sees Chloe for the first time.
- More children who I’m going to be teaching to cook properly!
- I’m going to need more rum…
That is all – further updates to follow… And don’t for a moment be going all goo-gah over the photo… Orrible ‘lil Baby!
With reference to “All the Answers“, today was the daughter’s baby-scan day, the day we found out about the sex of the future human. Male. A sizeable wang, or so I’m told, for a tiny human. At the moment, it’s still a non-sef-concious blob – babies don’t become self aware by accepted scientific standards until about birth + 18 months. Meh.
Lost a bet with my wife (Who is now exhibiting “smug” at world-championship levels)… the tiny fucker now owes me £12 for a take-out (A bet, lost), for not being a girl!
The name chosen is “Theo John”. At this point in time, I’m really glad my surname isn’t “Hooker” for those who remember William Shatner in blue 😉
And so, all hail the continuation of the race, all be it, a tiny continuation.
Just turned 42. Should I have all the answers to Life, The Universe, and everything? I think so.
I didn’t work. I still don’t have the answers, only more questions, mind, are the questions also the answers? Is the cat in the box alive or dead? Don’t peek 😉
This year end has been slightly less depressing than usual, perhaps because I was largely able to sulk in my own special way on my birthday, meaning that the following day, in comparison, seemed a shitload better.
- This is the first year in the last nine where I’ve not been “at risk” of redundancy.
- First year of having eight cats. Cute, but painful in the amount of upkeep and food etc!
- Babies. Two more on the way from the daughter and daughter in law. Fuck. Babies. Ick.
- New Car. Still shiny. Well, needs a wash, but still SHINY.
- Lost around 5 stone / 70 lbs / 31 kg. Not yet skinny. Health normal though 🙂
- Maintained the efforts in work. Hopefully to be translated into a phat bonus for my western consumerist arse.
- Now have a sister. Well, step sister. Always had one, but due to interfering arseholes, I didn’t before.
- Cooking is still 50% art, 50% skill, and 50% science. 150% you say? You’ve probably not tasted it 😉
More to come when the fingers feel like it 🙂
Some pictures from recent times 🙂
The still-new Southern Comfort glass – it’s the perfect drinking vessel for Southern Comfort (Or the cheap-arse Spirit of Louisiana from Tesco). I’ve recently started drinking the cheap-arse version mixed with cloudy lemonade, a very moreish taste!