For years now, I’ve been after a recipe to exactly replicate the sweet tasty sauce you typically get when ordering from an Indian Takeaway in the UK – the stuff is delicious, and I often found myself ordering more than I needed, just to feast with afterwards.
The best thing about this – it’s cheap & easy to make. This recipe will make 1.2 litres of sauce, or 12 of those little containers you get from the takeaway 🙂
- 1 KG natural yoghurt (NOT Greek-style!)
- A small jar (230g) of Mango Chutney
- 2 heaped tbsp Concentrated Garden Mint (NOT mint sauce!)
- Around 30ml of Lemon Juice
- 8 tsp Granulated sugar or sweetener (Vary to taste)
- Food colouring to preference
Blend / liquidise the Mango Chutney until there are no lumps. Measure out all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl, then mix well using a hand whisk – pour into containers, seal and refrigerate until needed. I always go by the use-by date of the yoghurt as a guide as to how long this will last in the fridge.
If you find that the sauce is too thick – you can add some milk to thin it out a little.