On their own, the mushrooms are compatible with an #LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat) diet, and are vegetarian. I decided to be bad when I had ’em, and served with some spiced fries, and deep fried jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese… Mmmmmm! 🙂
- 4 Large Flat Mushrooms, with the stems removed
- Around 50g Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Minced/Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Harissa Powder (Or paste)
- 1/2 tsp Pimentón (A little more to sprinkle on top as well)
- 50/50 Mix of Mature Cheddar and Mozzarella (Grated) to top
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
Melt the butter, mix in the herbs, spices and garlic.
Remove stems from the mushrooms, chop the stems finely, mixing them into the butter/garlic/spice mixture to form a coarse paste.
Brush the mushrooms with Olive Oil and place onto a foil covered baking tray.
Spread the paste evenly over the shrooms, and top with the cheese mixture.
Sprinkle a little Harissa, and some pepper over the cheese topped mushrooms.
Cook in a preheated over at 180 degrees centigrade for around 20-25 minutes until done 🙂
Some thumbnails of the process below, click for the full size images…